When you need immediate care, and your regular physician is not available it can be difficult to decide if you need to seek urgent care or ER care in San Marcos. At My Emergency Room 24/7 we want to make sure that our patients make informed decisions before coming to the ER. So what is the difference between urgent care and ER care in San Marcos? Read on to find out more information about what services both of these care centers provide and when to choose the emergency room over an urgent care center.
The difference between an urgent care and an emergency room are pretty clear. While both indicate the need for immediate care, there is one main difference. ER care in San Marcos is best utilized when an injury or illness is life threatening. Urgent care is is required when the care is needed immediately, but not life threatening. If for any reason you are ever unsure if you or a loved one needs to go to the emergency room, don’t hesitate to call My Emergency Room 24/7 or 911. Below we list possible reasons you may need to seek ER care in San Marcos.
You may want to seek emergency care if you suffer from any of the following:
– Any sudden or severe pain
– High fevers and fevers with rashes
– Severe cold and flu symptoms
– Head or eye injuries, sudden change in vision (blurred, double vision, complete or partial loss of vision).
– Fainting, dizziness, sudden weakness
– Severe or persistent vomiting and diarrhea
– Vomiting blood
– Cuts that require stitches, wounds that won’t stop bleeding
– Broken bones or dislocated joints.
– Sudden seizures, without prior diagnosis of epilepsy
– Severe chest pain, heart attack, or stroke
– Difficulty breathing
– Severe abdominal pain
– Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
– Severe, sudden headache or migraine
– Heart palpitations
– Newborn baby(less than three months old) with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
– Vaginal bleeding during pregnancy
– Altered mental state, thoughts of suicide or confusion
– Serious burns
If you are suffering from any other type of emergency illness or injury that is not listed above, but feel you need to seek ER care in San Marcos instead of urgent care, don’t hesitate to call 911 and have them take you to My Emergency Room 24/7 to get the best care available.
At My Emergency Room 24/7 we are designed to treat all emergency injuries and illnesses no matter how complex. Our ER care in San Marcos is top of the line and all of our ER doctors and nurses are available to treat you or a loved one 24/7.